Sunday, June 12, 2016

Overwhelmed...

Friday morning Louise and I went to collect our daughter!

Everything we’ve longed for, for so long a time, has now become a reality in our lives - I'm a dad, Louise is a mum; we have a daughter! 
Abigail is the most amazing little girl. She’s a tiny little one, and has the most beautiful eyes. Every time I look at her, it feels like my heart just gets bigger and bigger, and fills with more and more love for her.
People have told me, that nothing can compare to the moment when you become a dad, and you hold your baby in your arms for the first time! Holding this little person, who just gazes up at me, wow – wow, wow, wow,wow!! There is nothing better! I'm loving being Abigail’s dad!

-

As I write this post, Abigail sleeps; the sound of her breathing, her little whimpers remind me of just how lucky I am – And what an amazing blessing God has given me.
I've had a whole load of firsts; first nappy change, first burping session, first, rock the baby to sleep, first dress a little baby  – wonderful, every moment of it is wonderful!

-

Saturday was our first full day with Abigail, and already, we can see that she is taking to us, and feeling more and more comfortable in her new home. It felt like a strange day in some ways; Abby has the usual every four hour feed cycle, so you just do everything around that cycle. Part of the day included a special moment for one Granny and one Omar; Abby met my mum and Louise’s mom for the first time; think it's safe to say, they're hooked! More such first time meetings will be happening real soon.
Everyone who meets her falls under the spell of her awesomeness! How could you not!

-

We already love you very much Abigail; and we feel so blessed, that our amazing God choose us to be your family!!
 


1 comment:

  1. It never ceases to amaze me how the "overwhelming first time" experience of someone, when shared so passionately, can overwhelm others too. Dear Mark & Louise I can relate! You have been a "dad" & a "mom" in more ways than others, to so many, and now our Saviour has brought this little bundle of joy & love to be apart of the next chapter in your lives. May every moment be cherished, and enjoyed, as you daily pray over her precious life! Can wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete