Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Think first, answer second!!



Man I got myself in all kinds of trouble last year, because I didn't pause to think before saying yes or no!

12 But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation. James 5:12 (ESV)

It's so easy for me to get caught up in the moment and get carried away!

I've often said yes, or given the impression that it's going to be a yes when actually, away from the scene I've realised that I should be saying no!

The reverse is also true - I've had those quick decision moments where I've answered 'no, it doesn't work for me', when actually, later I've realised that the right response would have been a big fat YES!

I'm learning this year to think before responding; before getting carried away!

I'm learning that sometimes I need to respond to people by saying:

'Can I get back to you on that'!

May 2013 be a year where I don't put my foot right in it by not taking the time to think first!

No comments:

Post a Comment